Build frequency

Anything that does not fit into the other categories.
Zach

Build frequency

Post by Zach » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi,

When can I expect the next build to be posted? I see that builds are done quite frequently, sometimes several times in one day, but there have not been any for a few days. A patch I submitted just got applied yesterday, and I would like to use it without having to figure out how to set up my own build environment. Is there not an automated build script set up to run periodically for the standard build configurations?

Zach

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Re: Build frequency

Post by Zeranoe » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:42 am

The builds are compiled each night, so there will be a new build tonight (in about an hour and a half from the time of this posting).

Sometimes my build machine is off, or there are issues in the code that block the build from succeeding, but they should be compiled every night.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:53 am

Zach wrote: A patch I submitted just got applied yesterday, and I would like to use it without having to figure out how to set up my own build environment.
You submitted a patch, yet you cannot build it yourself? Fail.

Zach

Post by Zach » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:04 pm

svnpenn wrote:
Zach wrote: A patch I submitted just got applied yesterday, and I would like to use it without having to figure out how to set up my own build environment.
You submitted a patch, yet you cannot build it yourself? Fail.
I am new to developing FFmpeg and do not have a tool chain set up. The patch was just changing the PID lower limit so compilation is not required to know that it works. Especially since someone else already patched the other number I needed. I know it is lame though, and I will get that fixed before to long. Most of what I have done so far has been with Qt Creator and the built in mingw32 tool chain so I don't have much experience with setting it up on windows.

It is good to hear that there is a build script set up. Thanks for all you do.