libavcodec questions for windows7 x64

Anything that does not fit into the other categories.
nullptr

libavcodec questions for windows7 x64

Post by nullptr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to Zeranoe forums. Fresh today, and I'm new the libavcodec library.

I'm using the libavcodec library to develop some custom directshow filters on win7 x64 and first I'd like to ask if its ok to post questions here ( in these forums ) regarding specifics to the libavcodec suite of libraries? Its just that I don't want to be a nuisance with offtopic/wrong forum questions.

Cheers all!

Dave.

rogerdpack

Re: libavcodec questions for windows7 x64

Post by rogerdpack » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 pm

yeah, you can try, though (at least I) don't know too much about the libav* libraries, so maybe cross post your questions to the libav-user mailing list and/or ffmpeg-user ML I suppose...

nullptr

Post by nullptr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Nice one!

What would you consider the most appropriate forum subject in this site for libav questions? specifically to do with outputting a dvd compliant mpeg2. I just need to know the correct parameters that I should use. I posted over on stackoverflow today with the same question, but its quite slow on there lately - must be the heat.

rogerdpack

Post by rogerdpack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:39 am

nullptr wrote:Nice one!

What would you consider the most appropriate forum subject in this site for libav questions? specifically to do with outputting a dvd compliant mpeg2. I just need to know the correct parameters that I should use. I posted over on stackoverflow today with the same question, but its quite slow on there lately - must be the heat.
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15 might be a good forum for it...I'll leave a comment on the SO.