NEW To FFMPEG

Questions involving a Windows version of FFmpeg.
Tesloid69

NEW To FFMPEG

Post by Tesloid69 »

Hello and thanks for any help offered.

I have a large collection of MP4 music videos and have found several that don't have any audio. I have seem examples of using FFMPEG to verify the integrity of the files in a folder and create an error log but don't really understand the commands.

My files are located I:\Master Music Videos\Music Videos All Others and looking for a way to check them.

Thanks for the help

konyzulphrea

Re: NEW To FFMPEG

Post by konyzulphrea »

I think that's not simple.

The flow is you use ffprobe to check your files, aim on which one has at least one audio part.

One of semi-auto ways is, you use something like ffprobe blah.mp4 >> text.txt to capture what found, You will need to think how to write a loop in windows or in *nix.

after that, then using notepad++ to count something like how many #[0:1] in the file I presume.

The above is generally for windows. I have been using this. Of course, I have some idea in headless mode. Just trickier.

llogan

Re: NEW To FFMPEG

Post by llogan »

Example using ffprobe. If there is audio in the file it will output "audio". If there is no audio it will output nothing.

Code: Select all

ffprobe -loglevel error -select_streams a:0 -show_entries stream=codec_type -of csv=p=0 input.mp4