Capturing from Decklink card broken after December 10 releases

Questions involving a Windows version of FFmpeg.
BlackScreen

Re: Capturing from Decklink card broken after December 10 releases

Post by BlackScreen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:16 am

I just tested the recent version of your builds, Zeranoe, and they still do not work with the Decklink card.
Any chance for a fix on this?

LtDrebin

Post by LtDrebin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem with my DeckLink card since build "ffmpeg-20161216-a5cf600-win64-static".
the --enable-decklink option was present, but the device decklink was no more available (ffmpeg.exe -devices).
And now also the --enable-decklink option has disappeared in the current build "ffmpeg-20170214-8fa18e0-win64-static".
My questions are: Why? What is the reason and is there a chance to become back a current windows build with the decklink functionality?
Best regards.
LtDrebin

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Post by Zeranoe » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 am

LtDrebin wrote:Hi,
I have the same problem with my DeckLink card since build "ffmpeg-20161216-a5cf600-win64-static".
the --enable-decklink option was present, but the device decklink was no more available (ffmpeg.exe -devices).
And now also the --enable-decklink option has disappeared in the current build "ffmpeg-20170214-8fa18e0-win64-static".
My questions are: Why? What is the reason and is there a chance to become back a current windows build with the decklink functionality?
Best regards.
LtDrebin
FFmpeg uses native threading now and does not use pthread.

I don't believe that DeckLink actually requires pthread, so I'm working on some patches to remove the dependency. I hope to have this resolved soon, but I don't have an ETA.

LtDrebin

Post by LtDrebin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 am

Zeranoe wrote:
LtDrebin wrote:Hi,
Best regards.
LtDrebin
FFmpeg uses native threading now and does not use pthread.

I don't believe that DeckLink actually requires pthread, so I'm working on some patches to remove the dependency. I hope to have this resolved soon, but I don't have an ETA.
Hi Zeranoe,
you're doing a great job. Thank you very much for your quick reply. Now I know.
Sorry for my late response, I was offline.
Good succeed
LtDrebin

larnold7

Post by larnold7 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Regarding the Pthread issue with decklink;
I just built ffmpeg on win7 with media-auto-rebuild-suite, using the zeranoe option.
Ffmpeg -devices does not report decklink.
I need a new build, because I need to configure interlacing on a decklink output, and that code just made it into git in the last couple of days.

Any chance some patches might make it into the tree?

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Post by Zeranoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Is it possible to use DShow with the DeckLink device for the time being?

BlackScreen

Post by BlackScreen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Zeranoe wrote:Is it possible to use DShow with the DeckLink device for the time being?
It would be possible, but not a good solution, because the options of selecting the video and audio input are needed at my end.

larnold7

Post by larnold7 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:53 pm

It would be possible, but not a good solution, because the options of selecting the video and audio input are needed at my end.
And the ability to select output formats/resolutions are needed at my end. Not to mention I based my code on the ffmpeg examples.

BlackScreen

Post by BlackScreen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Zeranoe wrote: FFmpeg uses native threading now and does not use pthread.

@Zeranoe: Any news on the patches?

BlackScreen

Post by BlackScreen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:06 am

Zeranoe wrote:FFmpeg uses native threading now and does not use pthread.

@Zeranoe: I think your patch got applied to FFmpeg - https://git.ffmpeg.org/gitweb/ffmpeg.gi ... 0d973ba23b.
Could this mean, that you will support Decklink again in your future builds?