Compile 4.0 official Zeranoe with --disable-w32threads (pthreads enabled)

Questions that occur when trying to compile FFmpeg.
keglevich

Compile 4.0 official Zeranoe with --disable-w32threads (pthreads enabled)

Post by keglevich » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:08 pm

I'd like to re-compile official "Zeranoe-4.0-w32-shared" ffmpeg with only one additonal parameter (--disable-w32threads). Actually I'd need to enable pthreads (--enable-pthreads) so I guess this would be the right approach.
I'd just like to take official Zeranoe 4.0 shared dev build and recmpile it with this additional parameter. No further changes.

In simple words, I just need the official ffmpeg 4.0 shared w32 release from Zeranoe 100% as it is, but with pthreads enabled. What would be the easiest was to achieve this? Is it maybe possible to get the precompiled binaries with pthreads enabled somehwere?

Regards and thanks in advance for help!

nicosmik

Re: Compile 4.0 official Zeranoe with --disable-w32threads (pthreads enabled)

Post by nicosmik » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 am

I am also interested to get this version in order to well receive udp multicast.

ebrandt

Post by ebrandt » Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm

I too am interested in building with pthreads on Windows to receive udp multicast. Has there been any progress or new info on this thread that didn't get posted by OP? Thanks!

iamstickfigure

Post by iamstickfigure » Tue May 14, 2019 5:11 pm

ebrandt wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm
I too am interested in building with pthreads on Windows to receive udp multicast. Has there been any progress or new info on this thread that didn't get posted by OP? Thanks!
Haven't tried it, but you might try using the cross compile script by DeadSix. It works pretty well, and it's highly customizable.

https://github.com/DeadSix27/python_cro ... riables.py
"--disable-w32threads" is actually already present in this one. Pthreads aren't, but it might work to just add in the "--enable-pthreads" flag to that file. And you can remove all the flags that you don't want

When on a Ubuntu VM, it takes a really long time to run it the first time (all day), but is much faster when running it subsequent times (1-2 hours). You might be able to run it on Windows, but it might be tricky.

hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:39 am

I wonder if this builds with pthreads ? It's a Windows building thing.
https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite