ffplay uncompiled when ffmpeg did compile

Questions that occur when trying to compile FFmpeg.
Dougox

ffplay uncompiled when ffmpeg did compile

Post by Dougox » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm

After a few long nights, I compiled ffmpeg to on Windows 10 64bit using msys2/mingw with MSVC 2017.

ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe now exist under c:\ffmpeg, but ffplay.exe is not there. (This is the primary reason I want to compile - I want to be able to start and stop ffplay from within a Tcl program and at various entries and durations. )

For now, I am trying to compile with original source downloaded from ffmpeg site about 1 week ago.

Here are the steps I took. (More comments after this detail.)

====================================================================== detailed steps to build config

1) open a cmd.exe window from MSVC
2) from that window, enter the following
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" amd64
3) then run msys2
msys2_shell.cmd -msys -use-full-path

4) then from the msys2 window; add some cars to the path (seems it should have inherited these from MSVC cmd.exe but it didnt)

$ export PATH="/C/Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\bin\Hostx64\x64":$PATH
$ export PATH="/C/msys64":$PATH
$ export PATH="/C/msys64/bin":$PATH
$ export PATH="/C/msys64/mingw64/bin":$PATH

5) run configure

$ cd /c/ffmpeg
$ ./configure --toolchain=msvc --arch=x86_64 --target-os=win64 --prefix=/c/ffmpeg
$ make

I had gotten are error 'pkg-config' not found. A little searching led me to download
pkg-config.exe and libglib-2.0-0.dll from gtk+ and put copies into c:\msys64\mingw64\bin
and to copy the existing libintl*.dll to c:\msys64\mingw64\bin\libintl.dll
( src: https://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-3.0. ... ow_to.html )

That did not fix the pkg-config error, however, pkg-config does exist and its in the msys2 path as shown by 'echo $PATH'.

================================================================================== end detail

Then from here it took about 40 minutes or so to compile.
It comleted with no visible error messages.
And as I said, ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe were created but ffplay.exe was NOT.

I see these lines in the config.mak file"
!CONFIG_FFPLAY=yes
CONFIG_FFPROBE=yes
CONFIG_FFMPEG=yes

I presume that means it could not find a required dependancy? Not sure.
Any tips greatly are appreciated. (Even if you don't see this for weeks, i will still be interested in help!!)

I've uploaded the config.log, conig.mak, config.sh and config files to here:
http://www.memkeep.com/ffmpeg

Thanks,
Doug