DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Website, builds, or other suggestions.
laurb
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 am

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by laurb » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 am

I can confirm that it's ok now!
best regards,
laur

iotzo
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by iotzo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 am

jbalvarado wrote:Ok I have compile here a testversion:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9bnaz6xui0sh ... eg.7z?dl=0
Maybe somebody can test it in different ways? When it works I make a patch for it and post it to the ticker. I include both changes...
Strange..I just tested the patch you posted ot trac ticket 4144 and it fixes only the crash/heap corruption when I try to output to decklink!
-list_devices still returns COM initialization failed!
BUT the binary you posted yesterday WORKS in both cases!
Are you sure that you included the both of the fixes in your patch?

jbalvarado
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by jbalvarado » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:24 am

Hm, crazy. You are right, the patch is not complete. I need to fix that...

Edit: Ah yes, I post the a old patch :(... Is not good to do something in a hurry.

iotzo
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by iotzo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 am

jbalvarado wrote:Hm, crazy. You are right, the patch is not complete. I need to fix that...

Edit: Ah yes, I post the a old patch :(... Is not good to do something in a hurry.
Btw, I am using your wonderful media-autobuild_suite and i struggle to get DeckLinkAPI.h from .idl via widl:

Code: Select all

widl
sh: widl: command not found
pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-tools-git
widl -h DeckLinkAPI.idl
DeckLinkAPI.idl:39: error: Unable to open include file unknwn.idl
Can you give me some directions, please?

jbalvarado
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by jbalvarado » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:01 am

Yes that is a bit bad, you need this file and some other from the source code: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w ... 4-release/
here under headers/include I think they are. This files you need to copy to \mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include for 64 bit you need to change.
The widl command is also a bit different. You need to defined the output name to, and you need to generate this *i.c file to, I don't know now witch command this is, I am on work an have no access to it. But you found it in the widl help. There is also some 32 bit / 64 bit parameter.

Do you know how to do a "git format-patch"?

iotzo
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by iotzo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:19 pm

jbalvarado wrote:Yes that is a bit bad, you need this file and some other from the source code: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w ... 4-release/
here under headers/include I think they are. This files you need to copy to \mingw32\i686-w64-mingw32\include for 64 bit you need to change.
The widl command is also a bit different. You need to defined the output name to, and you need to generate this *i.c file to, I don't know now witch command this is, I am on work an have no access to it. But you found it in the widl help. There is also some 32 bit / 64 bit parameter.

Do you know how to do a "git format-patch"?
Thank You! I think I just did it:)
To summarize, I got 4 missing(one by one until widl command stopped to complain about missing .idl's) .idl files from here:
mingw-w64-v3.3.0.tar.bz2\mingw-w64-v3.3.0\mingw-w64-headers\include
and put them here:

Code: Select all

/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/unknwn.idl
/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/unknwnbase.idl
/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/wtypes.idl
/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/wtypesbase.idl
Then I generated the required header file like this:

Code: Select all

widl -I/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include -h -o DeckLinkAPI.h DeckLinkAPI.idl
That was tricky:)

jbalvarado
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by jbalvarado » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:14 pm

I have send now two patches to the malling list.

The widl command is not complete I think. It must be like this:
widl -I/mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/include -h -u -o DeckLinkAPI.h DeckLinkAPI.idl

ramiro
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by ramiro » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 pm

To get the proper files with widl, I compiled mingw-w64 from source. You can use Zeranoe's build script for this. *but* you have to patch widl with this patch http://pastebin.com/7z2vYNNq

Then, remove references to stdole2.tlb and generate the files:

Code: Select all

$ sed s/'importlib("stdole2.tlb");'// -i *
$ widl DeckLinkAPI.idl
Attachments
Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.3.1_mingw-w64.zip
(67.01 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

ramiro
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by ramiro » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 pm

jbalvarado wrote:I have send now two patches to the malling list.
Thanks! I was too lazy to send it =)

jbalvarado
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by jbalvarado » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:15 am

The second patch they can not use. I was getting this message:
This code is Copyright (c) Blackmagic Design. Try just changing the check for CoInitialize(NULL) from "!= S_OK" to "< 0".

Post Reply
'