ffplay fullscreen commandline?

Website, builds, or other suggestions.
sdwilli3

ffplay fullscreen commandline?

Post by sdwilli3 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Hello,
Thank you for making a Windows x64 build of ffmpeg available!

I'm not sure if this is a common observation (or it's just me)... if I launch a video with ffplay and the -fs switch, I get a maximized window... only after pressing <f> does it become a full, edge-to-edge video. It would be great if a video could be launched all-the-way into full screen (not just maximized window) mode.

Thanks again,
Scott

rogerdpack

Re: ffplay fullscreen commandline?

Post by rogerdpack » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:22 pm

I'd probably submit an ffmpeg trac item mentioning this :)

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 am

*bump*

Any news regarding this issue? I too have an idea of using ffplay for a fullscreen presentation, but would like not having to press <f> to move from maximized window into "proper" fullscreen.

Btw, thanks for providing a build for a lazybone like myself. :)

tomjscott

Post by tomjscott » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:43 pm

I just started using ffplay myself and am seeing this issue as well. Is this going to be fixed? I am using ffplay to launch a fullscreen video inside my game and have a maximized window doesn't really work well. In fact, with a 2 monitor system, the window actually crosses over to my second monitor. I can fix that by adjusting the window size, but true fullscreen without the window decorations would be best.

llogan

Post by llogan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:01 pm

You should submit a bug report or feature request on the FFmpeg Bug Tracker.

JeffDwork

Post by JeffDwork » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:11 am

Bug report submitted (#3964) and patch submitted to ffmpeg-devel.

The problem happens because the initial placement of the window triggers a resize event on Windows (doesn't occur on linux). The event_loop code calls SDL_SetVideoMode with what it thinks are new widthxheight and sets the SDL_RESIZABLE flag, killing the fullscreen. Here is the fix:

Diff for ffplay version N-66289-gb76d613

Code: Select all

diff original/ffplay.c fixed/ffplay.c
3469,3470c3469,3471
<                 screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(FFMIN(16383, event.resize.w), event.resize.h, 0,
<                                           SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_RESIZABLE|SDL_ASYNCBLIT|SDL_HWACCEL);
---
>                 if (!is_full_screen)
>                     screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(FFMIN(16383, event.resize.w), event.resize.h, 0,
>                                               SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_RESIZABLE|SDL_ASYNCBLIT|SDL_HWACCEL);