--enable-libsrt

Website, builds, or other suggestions.
mw1

--enable-libsrt

Post by mw1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am

Dear Zeranoe,

Is there any chance to make a build that includes --enable-libsrt?

The libsrt can be found on https://github.com/Haivision/srt

Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) (it has nothing to do with the srt subtitle format) is an open source protocol based, that makes sending video packets more reliable by using negative acknowledge on top of UDP. It optionally also adds AES-256 encryption to make it secure.

SRT is backed and used my more than 100 companies, see https://www.srtalliance.org
But it is open source, so you can use it without being registered at the srtalliance.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Mark

BiDouiLle

Re: --enable-libsrt

Post by BiDouiLle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi Mark,

Please note that Zeranoe distributes FFmpeg under GPL v3 license !

Following Mozilla guidline's for combining MPL licensed code inside a (L)GPL project it could be legally possible from what I read.

But it have to be checked well, if it couldn't you should compile FFmpeg yourself.

Regards.

Louis

Pierluigi

Post by Pierluigi » Sun May 06, 2018 10:55 am

Hello Louis,
I’m new to this forum. I’m evaluating FFMpeg as core A/V engine for a real-time experimental comms application. I’m using FFMpeg to speed up the application development and I found your builds very helpful. From my background, the SRT protocol developed by Haivision team seems to be promising, but it should be extensively tested.

It could be very useful to have the libsrt integrated within your Windows DLL distribution. Did you have finalized your analysis and, maybe, can you deploy a nightly build with this option enabled too?

Kind Regards,
Pierluigi

BiDouiLle

Post by BiDouiLle » Thu May 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Pierluigi,

Penso che devi parlare di Zeranoe, io non sono l'autore della build.

Ma è anche possibile di compilare con il script di Zeranoe o quello di RogerDPack di questo forum.

But anyway FFmpeg is a very good choice and would help for sure instead of redevelopping all the transcoding functions.

;-)

Luigi