Help with android build

Topics regarding RTMPDump.
RedPenguin

Re: Help with android build

Postby RedPenguin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:20 pm

S74ck3r wrote:Did he turn it off and on again after replacing the lib? (I know it's a tech support cliche but I think in this case it is necessary :))

We did some further testing and he said for some reason now every single reboot it puts back the old librtmp.so so he is unable to test.

EDIT: He tried it with the non-expirmental XBMC and said now it stopped reverting but claims now it crashes every single time he tries a redirect one but works fine for any others.

S74ck3r

Postby S74ck3r » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Can you tell me which addons are installed and which site I should be testing on?

thanks
Richard

RedPenguin

Postby RedPenguin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm

S74ck3r wrote:Can you tell me which addons are installed and which site I should be testing on?

thanks
Richard

LiveStreams with http://goo.gl/jyyZB as a source and TV Channels (A&E, Discovery, & truTV).

RedPenguin

Postby RedPenguin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:33 am

Good news but also "bad news".

It looks like S74ck3r you file does in fact work with no problem.

My buddy seems to have a DNS bug somewhere.

In my XML file I put "live2.ilive.to" and never had an issue but his Android in XBMC log claims it's having issues resolving said address so I as a test put the IP in and the channel played.

Now to get this bug fixed.

Also the experimental/13.1 builds keep constantly reverting back to the original librtmp.so.

S74ck3r

Postby S74ck3r » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Ok, I haven't looked into why the lib gets overwritten each time you reboot (I hadn't noticed which is probably why I thought it was working).

anyway I think I've finally compiled a working version of librtmp.so with KSVs patches. It's at the same bitbucket link but the file creation date should be today (04/04/2013).

Just drop the file in and go (don't reboot). I haven't tried it full yet but give it a go and let me know if there's any improvement.

thanks
Richard

RedPenguin

Postby RedPenguin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks again s74ck3r for all of your work because this was driving me insane lol.

I compiled/cross-comipled for at least 4 diff OSes with librtmp but never experienced this lol.

13.0 Alphas seems to be the only ones reverting the file not 12.1 but he needs hardware acceleration.

RedPenguin

Postby RedPenguin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 pm

File works perfectly except it does not have seem to have 100% latest patches from the file I gave.

Your file works perfectly now with redirects and the DNS "bug" seems to be gone now for some reason.

Yet mips.tv fixes by KSV seem to not be there as HLN Low Quality from my list is not working.

Yet once you release the code I can put that patch in and compile it myself if you want.

I'm still curious to see what was wrong with my compiling, LoL.

EDIT: We were incorrect in our assumption that only the experimental is reverting the files because we went to 12.1 as hopefully a temp fix and it does the exact same thing.

We are not sure yet if it's an Android or XBMC thing because afaik XBMC doesn't "protect" their files and this behavior is not on Windows, Linux, or IOS.

S74ck3r

Postby S74ck3r » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 am

Sorry, I picked up a copy of KSVs patch.diff from github rather than using the one you supplied and mine didn't have the mips
stuff.

I'll recompile (with the right patch this time) and if you can confirm it works alright I'll upload the changes I had to make.

Richard

RedPenguin

Postby RedPenguin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:53 am

Also it appears from other sites that the only real way to keep the librtmp.so file on the system during every reboot is to make your own apk or installer file for XBMC.

So once S74ck3r you make your final file, my buddy and I can go through the fun process of making an apk, which seems rathers unnecessary but I guess that's how Google wants it.

S74ck3r

Postby S74ck3r » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Sorry for the lack of a new build (and instructions), work has been quite heavy going for the last few days but it's easing off now.

Anyway I'll get back on this and get that new librtmp up soon.

I guess the file is being replaced because the apk is signed and the signature of the new lib doesn't match so it's seen as dodgy.

Return to “RTMPDump Specific”