Help with android build

Topics regarding RTMPDump.
RedPenguin

Re: Help with android build

Post by RedPenguin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm

np, thanks again for all of your work.

It looks like there are methods online in which we can just try planting the librtmp.so into the .apk via a zip program and then resign if need be.

Not quite sure if it will work, but it's at least worth a try before we go through all the hassle of building entire APKs just for a single library file change.

S74ck3r

Post by S74ck3r » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:13 pm

It's not much hassle rebuilding and signing an apk, the process is pretty much automated using apktool.

If it works I'll just upload all the required stuff (tools, lib, instructions) to the bitbucket address.

S74ck3r

Post by S74ck3r » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:48 pm

new librtmp.so, in the usual place plus a possibly broken signed apk including it.

This one's built from the latest patch put up by KSV over at the streamtransport forum.

I haven't tried the apk yet, probably best not to download it.

Richard

RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:15 am

Thank you so much for all of your work S74ck3r :).

The file was tested on the N7 and it works with mips and every server that needs redirects.

My buddy is still getting the DNS bug once in a while where for some reason his Android or XBMC randomly fails to DNS servers to play but it works most of the time then randomly some days it will act up. Like he used XBMC for days then randomly DNS bug.

XBMC will claim failed to resolv hostnames for about 24 hours straight and then randomly go away.

S74ck3r

Post by S74ck3r » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Build instructions for librtmp.so for xbmc here https://bitbucket.org/S74ck3r/rtmpdump- ... ompile.txt

The main change was just a change in ndk to the Crystax one (should have spotted that earlier as it is the ndk used by the xbmc team to build the android version).

Apart from that there is a minor makefile change. Now this change could be overkill, I'm not a C/C++ person, so there is probably a better or more efficient way of doing it.

Richard

RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm

S74ck3r wrote:Build instructions for librtmp.so for xbmc here https://bitbucket.org/S74ck3r/rtmpdump- ... ompile.txt

The main change was just a change in ndk to the Crystax one (should have spotted that earlier as it is the ndk used by the xbmc team to build the android version).

Apart from that there is a minor makefile change. Now this change could be overkill, I'm not a C/C++ person, so there is probably a better or more efficient way of doing it.

Richard
I should have remembered that Crystax, as that's one I seen on a website that claims use it to build an APK.

Thanks again for everything. :)

Wow, I must not be too bad at Makefiles, looking at the line you say to change in Makefile, was actually some of the same things I was trying. So I guess I was heading in the right direction :).

S74ck3r

Post by S74ck3r » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 pm

New build if anyone wants/needs it. Using KSVs latest patch.
https://bitbucket.org/S74ck3r/rtmpdump- ... 06-2013.7z

RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:26 pm

To S74ck3r or anybody else:

Does anybody know if Android changed anything that the current building method mentioned above no longer works in 4.3?

I have been compiling librtmp's for Android for months now without any complaints from folks.

Now I am being told that XBMC is either crashing for them now or they are not being able to connect to the Internet.

I have ran tests on my buddy's Nexus 7 4.3 with my libtrtmp and it works fine for the normal XBMC APK but if I try and make a custom APK it crashes.

I am wondering if anybody else has run into this issue being there are more Android folks here.

RedPenguin

Post by RedPenguin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Just to update folks, I have this problem figured out.

It looks like what you have to do is (thanks to Shani-08 from XBMC forums) to get it to work now of days, you need to take both a copy of Frodo and Gotham XBMC (12 and 13) and follow both of their readmes for building and setup "xbmc-deps" for both of them. I mean have it compile them all (librtmp, openssl, samba, etc).

Then when the libs are all compiled, you can simply place "fresh" rtmpdump/librtmp code into the librtmp folder, patch it, correct 1 or 2 Makefile "errors" and hit make using the Makefile XBMC would use, and all is well then.