hulu.sh

Topics regarding RTMPDump.
GBoss4real

Re: hulu.sh

Postby GBoss4real » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Hello to one and all, I have to say thanks and congratulations to all who have contributed to making this forum such an informative and helpful medium for those less informed such as myself.

I am a total newbie to this forum and I instantly found what I have been searching and trying to accomplish for quite a while now that is to download hulu videos. I have been trying all types of methods even capturing packets of a streamed hulu video with both Wireshark & SmartSniff but I can never extract the video from the packet file that was captured hence I am unable to play the video.

I have been reading this post along with the other "hulu.sh" post, I have installed Cygwin 64 Terminal from the Cygwin website and I copied the hulu.sh script pasted it in Notepad++ and saved it as Unix script. I was wondering if there is a tutorial video or post explaining exactly what steps need to be taken since it seems for instance that firefox needs to be linked to the correct file location in the script and most Windows users are not too familiar with Unix/linux?

Thanks!

Terminator02

Postby Terminator02 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 pm

GBoss4real wrote:Hello to one and all, I have to say thanks and congratulations to all who have contributed to making this forum such an informative and helpful medium for those less informed such as myself.

I am a total newbie to this forum and I instantly found what I have been searching and trying to accomplish for quite a while now that is to download hulu videos. I have been trying all types of methods even capturing packets of a streamed hulu video with both Wireshark & SmartSniff but I can never extract the video from the packet file that was captured hence I am unable to play the video.

I have been reading this post along with the other "hulu.sh" post, I have installed Cygwin 64 Terminal from the Cygwin website and I copied the hulu.sh script pasted it in Notepad++ and saved it as Unix script. I was wondering if there is a tutorial video or post explaining exactly what steps need to be taken since it seems for instance that firefox needs to be linked to the correct file location in the script and most Windows users are not too familiar with Unix/linux?

Thanks!
Download the whole "a" directory here: https://github.com/snpn/a/archive/master.zip

Then extract the hulu.sh from there to the appropriate folder in cygwin.

BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm

svnpenn wrote:If you need Bash for Windows you can try Baby Cygwin

http://code.google.com/p/any/downloads

This link no longer works.

svnpenn

Postby svnpenn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 am

BenoitRen wrote:This link no longer works.

bitbucket.org/svnpenn/a/downloads

BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:59 am

Thanks. I ended up copying a version from a back-up I still had, though.

By the way, do you think a similar script is possible for Crunchyroll? I found a download package online, but it used Python. I don't know Python, but I gathered from reading the code that it seemed to pull a configuration file much like your script for Hulu does. I should look into it more.

svnpenn

Postby svnpenn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 am

BenoitRen wrote:By the way, do you think a similar script is possible for Crunchyroll? I found a download package online, but it used Python. I don't know Python, but I gathered from reading the code that it seemed to pull a configuration file much like your script for Hulu does.

Python can certainly be ported to Bash. However depending on the situation the Python code might be more concise and better for the purpose.

DaVyper

Postby DaVyper » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 am

The Hulu script works great for me except for JQ... i end up with ".mp4" being the file name of all file as jq returns nothing

I'm on windows using babycgywin, an the version of jq.exe i have is 1.3 from "stedolan.github.com/jq/" (tried both 32 and 64 bit)

Code: Select all

waiting for firefox to load...
dumping firefox...
D:\VidGrab\bin\jq.exe: /tmp/hulu.json: No such file or directory
RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB

svnpenn

Postby svnpenn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:28 am

DaVyper wrote:The Hulu script works great for me except for JQ... i end up
with ".mp4" being the file name of all file as jq returns nothing

Thanks for your comment. Post link to video and I will try it. And if you say,
"just try any video", bad things will happen.

DaVyper

Postby DaVyper » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:54 am

hulu limelight 1000_h264 http://www.hulu.com/watch/520322

but it does do it on everyone i try so... :P

I'm guessing this line of the script is part of the problem:

download hulu.json "www.hulu.com/api/2.0/video?id=$BASH_REMATCH"

Since that url results in a 404 even trying:

http://www.hulu.com/api/2.0/video?id=520322
in a browser

svnpenn

Postby svnpenn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:35 am

DaVyper wrote:Since that url results in a 404 even trying:

http://www.hulu.com/api/2.0/video?id=520322
in a browser

Hm, maybe they changed the URL. I will look at it after work today (Tue)

Return to “RTMPDump Specific”