failed to download from hulu with hulu.sh

Steam recording with RTMPDump or FFmpeg.
Terminator02

Re: failed to download from hulu with hulu.sh

Post by Terminator02 »

It did work one time, but usually I get this error instead:

hulu-xp.sh works perfectly on that video as normal.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

Terminator02 wrote:It did work one time, but usually I get this error instead:
hulu-xp.sh works perfectly on that video as normal.
Another try

github.com/svnpenn/a/commit/e35b

Terminator02

Post by Terminator02 »

It seems as though it never detects when the video has loaded now. My guess is that because I'm using this hosts file it's blocking whatever file that you're detecting as the point to dump Firefox. I'm not willing to change my hosts file to something else for the point of testing hulu.sh while hulu-xp.sh is still working fine for me, so I won't be able to help you test this version.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

Terminator02 wrote:It seems as though it never detects when the video has loaded now. My guess is that because I'm using this hosts file it's blocking whatever file that you're detecting as the point to dump Firefox. I'm not willing to change my hosts file to something else for the point of testing hulu.sh while hulu-xp.sh is still working fine for me, so I won't be able to help you test this version.
Well as

- I dont have XP
- I dont have Vista
- I dont have problems with the script

I am relying on people to figure out what is going on here. I am fine to continue using the "master" version and let others use the "hulu-xp.sh" version. Keep in mind I have downloaded hundreds of episodes using the "master" version.

Repo

Post by Repo »

I got as far as writing

"I read through this thread and the "dumped too soon" thread and didn't notice this, so I thought it might help you out a bit.

It reads:

"dumped too soon, retry
macromedia.com/xml/dts/cross-domain-policy.dtd"

I'm on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and using baby-cygwin-27, "

when I thought I'd go and see if you updated your build. Sure enough you did and I noticed in the commits the cross-domain-policy was addressed. Well, I can say that I no longer get a "dumped too soon", but now something else is happening (hopefully it's just user error :D )

After I enter "hulu.sh http://www.hulu.com/watch/xxxxxx", Firefox loads, the video loads, then after about half a minute the browser closes, leaving me at the terminal with "dumping firefox..." I let this go for 5-10 minutes and nothing happened, so I stopped it. Do I need to let it sit for longer or is it not functioning properly?

Also, and I'm sure this is important for people wanting to try your script; on the hulu.sh thread, it points to code.google.com/p/strm which throws a 403 Forbidden. After much (too much) searching, I happened upon your account, code.google.com/u/svnpenn and was able to navigate to code.google.com/p/any which has baby-cygwin. I know you have baby-cygwin.sh available at GitHub, but that seemed like a catch-22; trying to execute a .sh script in order to allow yourself to execute a .sh script. Is this script for Linux users then?

Thanks for all your work.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

Repo wrote: Also, and I'm sure this is important for people wanting to try your script;
on the hulu.sh thread, it points to code.google.com/p/strm which throws a 403
Forbidden.
Fixed.
Repo wrote: I know you have baby-cygwin.sh available at GitHub, but that seemed like a
catch-22; trying to execute a .sh script in order to allow yourself to execute a
.sh script. Is this script for Linux users then?
The baby-cygwin.sh script is for people (namely me) wanting to create a
Baby Cygwin distribution. I expect no one will want this but I include it for
posterity.
Repo wrote: After I enter "hulu.sh http://www.hulu.com/watch/xxxxxx", Firefox loads, the
video loads, then after about half a minute the browser closes, leaving me at
the terminal with "dumping firefox..." I let this go for 5-10 minutes and
nothing happened, so I stopped it. Do I need to let it sit for longer or is it
not functioning properly?
This is in fact an error with the script, I will see what I can do.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

Repo

Post by Repo »

This is the new error I'm getting. I don't know enough about programming to go in and fix the little things myself.

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

Ah yes, I need to include the `stat` program with Baby Cygwin. I will update it tonight, along with a new patch for "hulu.sh"

svnpenn

Post by svnpenn »

svnpenn wrote:Ah yes, I need to include the `stat` program with Baby Cygwin. I will update it tonight, along with a new patch for "hulu.sh"
Baby Cygwin has now been updated with `stat` and `awk`.

In addition `hulu.sh` has been updated. Script now allows you to set custom `SIZE` value for troubleshooting `Dumped too soon` errors.