Mux data in streams not in files.

Useful and helpful Windows specific command line samples and examples.
Taha

Mux data in streams not in files.

Post by Taha » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 am

Hello,
I am new to ffmpeg, i have spend 10 days on finding any way to do muxing in mp4 format with audio and vedio in streams buffer not in file.
What i want is to mux mp4 format audio & vedio in a streams.

I am able to do muxing mp4 format in file. But not able to get mux mp4 format in streams buffer.

Till now i have tried this:
avio_alloc_context(avio_ctx_buffer, avio_ctx_buffer_size, 1, &bd, NULL, &write_packet, NULL);
By calling this avio_alloc_context and passing reference of write_packet function. I am able to get call write_packet. But when i write the data coming in write_packet in a file, and making mp4 file with that. The resultant mp4 file is not working. There is no vedio or audio information available by watching this file in Media Info.
The header is written , then loop is written and finally trailer is written, but not getting success in running final file.

Is there any good way to do mux in mp4 format in streams, so please tell me.

Kindly help to me to do this.

Thanks in advance.

saltegor

Re: Mux data in streams not in files.

Post by saltegor » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 am

hey man, did you manage to solve your task? I am kind of stuck now with a similar problem, so maybe you've figured it out?

Taha

Re: Mux data in streams not in files.

Post by Taha » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:36 am

Sorry , as per my finding this is not possible with mp4 file. You can try this with mpegts not with mp4.
Let me know if you get it done.

Thanks