LATM

Any other question that don't fit into the other support categorizes.
Wile

LATM

Post by Wile »

I'm only a poor MS user and so completely lost when it comes to GITs and patches so be gentle with me... :oops:

I use the Swiss Army Knife that is FFmpeg.exe for all sorts of things and had hoped that it could solve my AAC problem.
DVB audio has the added LATM layer and nothing, it seems, can do anything with it.
I've come across a number of mentions in the archives of patches and some forums even think that support for it was, at some time, included.

Has there been, or will there ever be support for decoding/transcoding LATM in FFmpeg.exe :?:

Regards,

Wile

Re: LATM

Post by Wile »

Surfing the www at lunch time, and while looking for something else, found mention of LATM and ffmpeg. I had given up on straight conversion (I’m a command line kind of guy) having invested in a copy of VideoReDo and stopped my irregular searches for a solution
I have just tested a newer build of ffmpeg and although there are a few messages popping up it seems to work. I’ve only done a simple .ts to .aac test so far but it seems promising so I’m back to resurrect my original post.

My first question is – if I just specify aac as the output, does ffmpeg just remove the LATM/LOAS wrapper or am I doing an unnecessary conversion? :?:

My second is more of a plea than a question – has anyone any tips on how to do what I’m looking for? :)