[Bug] ffmpeg crashes after encoding with dirac

Any other question that don't fit into the other support categorizes.
mnbv0987

[Bug] ffmpeg crashes after encoding with dirac

Post by mnbv0987 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 pm

Posted at https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5202 was told to post here instead.

Using the Jan 27, 2016 64-bit Windows build, ffmpeg crashes after encoding with dirac. It runs through the entire thing and produces an output file with a correct looking file size, but crashes at the very end with a Windows crash dialog.

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i input.avi -vcodec dirac -f avi output.avi
It crashes with other output formats as well, not just AVI.

Report and output of Windows crash dialog attached. Windows crash dialog output isn't very useful, though, it didn't know the module. VLC is not able to play the output file if it is an AVI, although Windows Media Player + K-Lite Codecs can -- I do not know if this is significant or if it is a problem with the file vs. a VLC issue -- VLC can play it in an MKV.

I was also unable to obtain a useful trace, I don't have a debug build. I obtained a stack trace in visual studio and attached it anyways, but I am not sure how useful it will be.
Attachments
attachments.zip
(660.27 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

omniplex

Re: [Bug] ffmpeg crashes after encoding with dirac

Post by omniplex » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:36 am

mnbv0987 wrote:It crashes with other output formats as well, not just AVI.
I can't reproduce your January, 2016 crash with zeranoe's Einstein (3.0, March) build. I had a good (= horrible, but working) ducks_take_off_444_720p25.drc in my test folder, therefore I repeated the dirac tests with a vintage 2009 version. 1st step, -c copy to an ogv to get rid of obscure warnings. 2nd step, try -c:v dirac for various formats (native drc, your avi, mkv, nut, and ogg): On my box this requires -strict experimental, but apparently you somehow got away without it.

No crash, but ffmpeg refused to create an ogg for codec dirac, That's odd, RFC 5334 clearly allows dirac. Unsurprisingly ffplay and ffprobe grok the ffmpeg output (avi, drc, nut, mkv). Mpv: all good. Mplayer: all FAIL, MPC-HC: all FAIL, MediaInfo: all good (excl. nut).

Updated later: I get a decent crash for -c:v libschroedinger :D

'