I give up!

Any other question that don't fit into the other support categorizes.
Spanielk

I give up!

Post by Spanielk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi :)

I've spent two days trying to compile a Win64 build of ffmpeg that can use libfdk_aac and libfaac. I've tried under windows, I've tried under Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 preview (cmake issues, I don't know). Mostly errors with MinGW but when I finally did get that compiled the rest went to hell. I just don't know what I'm doing. The scripts on here wouldn't even finish running for me (error 127 mostly, 404 errors yesterday). I've downloaded 2 gigs of stuff including the windows helper files to make a tiny file that is about to give me a drinking problem.

Don't hate me - I'm a .NET guy, and clearly a Linux noob, and I know no-one can send me the file.
Does the GPL allow me to pay someone here to build the damn thing and send it to me? Any offers, let me know.

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Re: I give up!

Post by Zeranoe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

First, download the MinGW-w64 build script on your Ubuntu machine.

To compile the toolchain, run the script with:

Code: Select all

bash ./mingw-w64-build-3.2.3 --build-type=multi --default-configure --pthreads-w32-ver=cvs --threads=pthreads-w32
After the toolchain is complete, you will need to export the bin directory to the PATH directory so your machine can find the compiler.

Then you might need to run an autoconf on the source of fdk-aac so you can call ./configure

If you need any help with configuring and compiling fdk-aac or FFmpeg let me know.

Spanielk

Post by Spanielk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks Zeranoe,
The script is still running and is way ahead of where it got to previously. I see an issue looming however.

The following statements mean the same thing to me.

You might need to run an autoconf on the source of fdk-aac so you can call ./configure
and
Stroke the wheelbarrow with the hats and turtles.

Any help? I don't want to wreck what I've got so far. Things seem to become broken if I have to do them twice.

rogerdpack

Post by rogerdpack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:06 am

https://github.com/rdp/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers is what I use to cross compile...

Ajaja

Post by Ajaja » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

IMHO, simplest way to compile ffmpeg+libfdk_aac for win users is to use already compilied MSYS+Mingw for windows ( I recommend http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/ )
1. Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbu ... z/download
and unpack into D:\msys , for example.
2. Download GCC (choose one: 4.8.0 or 4.7.2, x32 or x64, threads-posix, seh/sjlj). I use http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbu ... z/download
Unpack it into D:\mingw64, for example.
3. Copy D:\msys\etc\fstab.sample to D:\msys\etc\fstab and edit mingw path c:/mingw to yours (d:/mingw64).
4. Run D:\msys\msys.bat - and get all you need to compile libfdk_aac and ffmpeg
Compiling libfdk_aac :

cd fdk-aac-master
autoreconf -fiv 
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --prefix=/mingw/x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
make install
For x32: --prefix=/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32 --host=i686-w64-mingw32
In the same way you can build all other libraries (libx264/libmp3lame/... ). Details look in https://github.com/rdp/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers script. Commands for building libraries are same.
Compiling ffmpeg:

cd ffmpeg
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk-aac --prefix=/mingw/x86_64-w64-mingw32 ...other config parameters
make

Spanielk

Post by Spanielk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 am

Got a broken exe. Thanks to you guys I sort of got it to build under ubuntu, and according to the configuration when it runs its got all the right bits (nonfree/libfdk_aac).

However it crashes and burns when trying to actually do anything with it. ("ffmpeg.exe has stopped working"). Is this related to the mysterious autoconfigure? I don't know.

Have tried to give Ajaja's way a go. It fails at the very very first line of code: "cd fdk-aac-master" fdk-aac-master: No such file or directory. And there isn't.

Thanks for your help though. Still happy to pay someone to compile the sodding thing. Seriously. This is day 3.
Last edited by Spanielk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajaja

Post by Ajaja » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 am

Spanielk wrote:Have tried to give Ajaja's way a go. It fails at the very very first line of code: "cd fdk-aac-master" fdk-aac-master: No such file or directory. And there isn't.
Of course. You need to download libfdk_aac and ffmpeg separately:
https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/archive/master.zip
http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2
Unpack it into folder where you want to build. In my example I use MSYS user home folder (D:\msys\home\<user name>\)

Spanielk

Post by Spanielk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Ajaja,
made it to the second line:
$ autoreconf -fiv
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
aclocal: error: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

Are you sure this way is easier? The Ubuntu did build an exe, even it is only good for recycling.

Maybe I really should clarify that I have absolutely no Linux experience. Think of me as the equivalent of somebody's mother trying to compile things in linux. I'm totally in the dark and lacking a foundation to build upon.

You say the commands for building the other libraries might be the same, but I have no idea where this thing might look for them, what the folders are supposed to be called, and the folder structure.

<rant>
I really have no business trying to compile this, but its the only option.
I'm really crabby and pissy that this is because something is more free than something else that is free and because I don't know what I am doing, and I've wasted way too many hours on this.
</rant>

Ajaja

Post by Ajaja » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

Spanielk wrote:aclocal: error: couldn't open directory 'm4': No such file or directory
I don't know. m4 directory must be in the archive fdk-aac-master.zip ( https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/archive/master.zip ) in the fdk-aac-master folder. Looks like you execute command not from fdk-aac-master (cd fdk-aac-master???).
Spanielk wrote:Are you sure this way is easier? The Ubuntu did build an exe, even it is only good for recycling.
To build simple ffmpeg with fdk_aac or faac - yes. You do not need real or virtual machine with Linux. Just few downloads and few commans in MSYS shell to build. But if you want to build full-featured ffmpeg it's better to start with ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers script and cross-compiling. I used it, it's really very good script. But now I do not use Linux for building ffmpeg at all. Only MSYS.

ffmpeg version 1.1.git Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Apr  3 2013 10:57:29 with gcc 4.8.0 (rev1, Built by MinGW-builds project)
  configuration: --disable-shared --enable-static --pkg-config=pkg-config --prefix=/mingw/i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libxvid --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-libopus --enable-bzlib --enable-zlib --enable-frei0r --enable-filter=frei0r --enable-libutvideo --enable-libgsm --enable-gpl --extra-cflags=-DPTW32_STATIC_LIB --extra-cflags=-DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC --enable-version3 --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libspeex --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libbluray --enable-libxavs --enable-libsoxr --enable-libfaac --enable-libfreetype --enable-fontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-avisynth --enable-libtwolame --enable-libilbc --enable-libcaca --enable-libmodplug --enable-avresample --enable-libcdio --disable-w32threads --enable-gnutls --extra-libs=-lstdc++ --enable-dxva2 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
  libavutil      52. 24.100 / 52. 24.100
  libavcodec     55.  2.100 / 55.  2.100
  libavformat    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
  libavdevice    55.  0.100 / 55.  0.100
  libavfilter     3. 48.105 /  3. 48.105
  libavresample   1.  1.  0 /  1.  1.  0
  libswscale      2.  2.100 /  2.  2.100
  libswresample   0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100

rogerdpack

Post by rogerdpack » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Spanielk wrote:Got a broken exe. Thanks to you guys I sort of got it to build under ubuntu, and according to the configuration when it runs its got all the right bits (nonfree/libfdk_aac).

However it crashes and burns when trying to actually do anything with it. ("ffmpeg.exe has stopped working"). Is this related to the mysterious autoconfigure? I don't know.

Have tried to give Ajaja's way a go. It fails at the very very first line of code: "cd fdk-aac-master" fdk-aac-master: No such file or directory. And there isn't.

Thanks for your help though. Still happy to pay someone to compile the sodding thing. Seriously. This is day 3.
Oops I had a bug in there (was it crashing immediately after the [libx264 @ 037bd3a0] using SAR=32/27 type line?). I *think* it's fixed now though, pull and try again, you shouldn't have to rebuild, just rerun it.

@Zeranoe how do you configure x264? It crashes by default for me with gcc 4.8... https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2310
-roger-

'