How do I install the FFV1 codec to Windows 10?

Anything that does not fit into the other categories.
DrDopplerX3

How do I install the FFV1 codec to Windows 10?

Post by DrDopplerX3 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:39 am

I can render FFV1-encoded videos in ffmpeg just fine. However, using them in any program that's not VLC Media Player is a bit of a problem.
With most other codecs, such as Xvid or Lagarith Lossless, I can go to the codec's website and easily install it to Windows. It will work in any program I want it to.
Despite me searching the internet for days, I cannot find the FFV1 codec anywhere.
All I've found is some codec packs that allow Windows Media Player to play FFV1-encoded videos using a workaround.
Is there something I'm missing here? How can I install FFV1?

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Re: How do I install the FFV1 codec to Windows 10?

Post by Zeranoe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 am

I would recommend a better player, like Media Player Classic, as you shouldn't have to install a codec pack in the year 2017.

DrDopplerX3

Re: How do I install the FFV1 codec to Windows 10?

Post by DrDopplerX3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:43 am

Zeranoe wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:19 am
I would recommend a better player, like Media Player Classic, as you shouldn't have to install a codec pack in the year 2017.
As I already stated in my first comment, I can play my FFV1-encoded files in my preferred player, VLC just fine.

I probably should have explained that I wanted to install the codec to Windows for other purposes, such as allowing programs like Sony Vegas or some emulators to encode FFV1 files and allowing some retro PC games to play my custom FFV1-encoded AVIs, just to name a few.

P.S., Sorry for my late reply.