DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Website, builds, or other suggestions.
cedric75018

Re: DeckLink output --enable-decklink

Post by cedric75018 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello ! It seems that the --enable-decklink is not present anymore in latest releases :(, do you know where I can find a recent Windows build with the decklink support ? Thank you for your help !!!

Zeranoe
Site Admin

Post by Zeranoe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Unfortunately Decklink cannot be included due to licensing issues. You'll have to build FFmpeg yourself, and there are many scripts available to assist with this.

cedric75018

Post by cedric75018 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello Zeranoe,

Thank you for your help ! I tried to compile FFmpeg with the decklink support but... it seems that FFmpeg can't adress the RGB pin of the capture card, which leads to a blackscreen when capturing :(.

When I start the command line, FFmpeg tells me that the detected stream is yuv422p10le (with -bm_v210 1), I can also ask for a uyvy422 with -bm_v210 is set to 0 but... impossible to ask for the RGB/444 Stream.

It seems that someone already experienced that issue : https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-dev ... 70520.html

cedric75018

Post by cedric75018 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:47 am

Hello again,

I did a new experiment to find out what's going on in FFmpeg with RGB capture :).

The idea was to inject a pure 4:2:2 video signal into the Intensity Pro 4K and try to capture it with the -decklink tag of the same version of FFmpeg than before, just to show if it is something related to FFmpeg in general or to the RGB feature only.

To do that I use a Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter that only outputs 4:2:2 video, and then, I re-inject this video in my Intensity Pro 4K capture card (I need to use an intermediate video capture card to convert SDI to HDMI for the Intensity Pro 4K as I don't have SDI to HDMI converter).

You can have a look at the full setup in the picture attached.

Then I tried to capture this signal both ways. First, using -decklink tag and a FFmpeg compiled with the --enable-decklink and then using -dshow on a standard FFmpeg build. Here are the command lines :

ffmpeg.exe -f decklink -bm_v210 1 -format_code "hp60" -i "Intensity Pro 4K" -r 60 -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.avi

ffmpeg.exe -rtbufsize 1500M -f dshow -s 1280x720 -r 60 -i video="Decklink Video Capture (2)":audio="Decklink Audio Capture (2)" -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.avi

It is working in both cases (with 4:2:2 input):).

Of course, if I connect the source directly to the Intensity Pro 4K (RGB) it is not working (I got only black video captured).
Attachments
schema_v1.png
schema_v1.png (48 KiB) Viewed 662 times

sirfnomi

Post by sirfnomi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Zeranoe wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm
Unfortunately Decklink cannot be included due to licensing issues. You'll have to build FFmpeg yourself, and there are many scripts available to assist with this.
Hi please help me in compiling ffmpeg with decklink
i'm getting error "ERROR: decklinkapi.h header not found"
i copy DecklinkAPI.h file to livavdevice folder but still i'm getting this error
i'm compiling ffmpeg from mingW with these commands
configure --prefix=/ffmpeg --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --disable-w32threads --enable-version3 --disable-debug --disable-yasm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-decklink